Property management committee minutes 16th November 2022

Meeting details

  • Date: 16th November 2022
  • Duration: 18:30 - 20:42
  • Location: Parish Office


Meeting minutes:

PMC90/22 TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

There were no apologies received. The Chair welcomed Cllr Paterson as a new member of the Committee.

PMC91/22 TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr. Foster declared a non-pecuniary interest as a member of the Bowls Club.

PMC92/22 TO AGREE THE MINUTES FOR THE MEETING HELD ON 28th SEPTEMBER 2022

Cllr D’este Hoare corrected minute PMC84/22 as the figure should read £350 not £250. With this correction, the minutes were agreed as a correct record of the meeting and signed accordingly.


PMC93/22 OPEN FORUM

One member of the public was present.

PMC94/22 OPEN SPACES OFFICERS’ REPORT

PEEL PARK Yellow caps on the slide have been replaced. Springer repaired. New latch put on the entrance gate to the play area.

PEEL PARK PAVILION Tap valve in the kitchen replaced. Disabled toilet flush repaired.

SOUTH LANE MEADOW Bike track to be removed. SLM Trustees meeting 01/11/22.

SUNDERTON MEADOW Nothing new to report.

POND Nothing new to report.

DOWN FARM BARN Nothing new to report.

CHALTON GREEN Posts on the green have been reinstated.

STORRINGTON FIELD Nothing new to report.

MUGA/LEAP Installation of the new basket swing took place on 01/11/22.

DOWN FARM PARK OPEN SPACES Path to the rear of the bowls club need repairing. French drains have been inspected – awaiting action from Barratt’s.

TENNIS COURTS/ENDAL WAY Dragon’s tooth next to the tennis courts has been replaced. Dragon’s tooth on the right-hand side of the Centre needs to be replaced.

DUNCTON ROAD Nothing new to report.

ALLOTMENTS SITE A & Meeting with CAA 26th October 2022 – Five 30-day warning letters sent out. All rents have been received. Five plots have been reallocated. Renewal of the pest control contract is due in November.

PARISH SIGNS/NOTICEBOARDS Quote for the new noticeboard at Chalton is £1,250.87 + VAT.

GROUNDS MAINTENANCE RP will be doing the final cut the week beginning 07/11/22.

PMC95/22 CHALTON GREEN

To receive approval for the noticeboard replacement.
A quote for £1,250.87 + VAT has been received for a replacement noticeboard. A budget of £1,400.00 has been allocated for this purpose. All members agreed for this to go ahead.

PMC96/22 ALLOTMENTS (SITES A AND B)

To receive an update about the meeting with Clanfield Allotment Association.
The Assistant Clerk had a meeting with the Clanfield Allotment Association on 26th October 2022.

  • All plots were inspected on Site A and B.
  • The storage building was also inspected. A plot holder had placed garden furniture in the building for storage. They will be advised to move it.
  • Rubbish will be removed from inside the building and the black storage box will be moved to the barn.
  • Three 30-day warning letters have been sent for Site A and two for Site B.
  • Emails have been sent asking certain plot holder to remove rubbish from site.
  • Some plot holders have been asked to keep pathways clear.
  • On Site B there is some rubbish as you enter the gate on the left-hand side, this will be removed.

The CAA will be working with all plot holders to ensure all is being done to discourage rodent activity.                                      To receive an update about the water meter at Site B.
There is a possible leak or a faulty water meter for Allotment Site B. Castle water have been contacted and Portsmouth water will be inspecting the meter to ascertain where the problem is. An update will be provided once Portsmouth Water has attended site.
To approve the renewal of the pest control contract

Members reviewed the contract and agreed to review this annually to ensure there is a requirement. All members agreed to go ahead with the contract.

PMC97/22 PLAY EQUIPMENT

To receive an update on the playground works.
Members reviewed the quotation received for the works required within the playgrounds. There is currently £9,000 available for repairs. Members agreed to delay the work until comparative quotes are received. Action – Asst. Clerk
To receive an update on the basket swing at the LEAP.
The basket swing has now been replaced.


PMC98/22 VOLUNTEER TREE WARDENS

There was nothing new to report.
The ash trees on Chalton Lane are due to be looked at this Friday 18th November, a climbing inspection will be done if required.


PMC99/22 THE CLANFIELD CENTRE-BUILDING ISSUES

To receive an update on the control management system.
Nothing new to report. Cllr Williams will be contacting contractors. Action – Cllr Williams
To receive an update on the warranty issues. There has been a recent site meeting with Vail Williams where all the defects were gone through. A report is now expected from Barratts within 7-10 days. Legal action maybe
required in the future. Cllr Woodroof reported that the ladies toilet is out of order, this has been reported to the
Centre but remains out of order. The Clerk will speak to the Centre Manager. Action - Clerk
Storm damage.
Safety works were carried out to the guttering last week and anything that couldn’t be removed was secured to the building. Contractors are coming back tomorrow to take down all the guttering. Waiting for confirmation from insurers to see if they will only cover like for like or an improvement. A specification and estimate will be put together by Vail
Williams.
Proposed extension.
A meeting has taken place with the architect. Cllr Foster showed members drawings of the proposed extension. After some discussion Cllr Foster proposed moving forward with the architect, get costings and then take to full council, this was seconded by Cllr D’este Hoare. An email has been received from Community first requesting permission to make some minor alterations to open up two stud walls in the recess areas in the studio. After discussion, members agreed that the structural integrity of the building must be stipulated to the tenant and proof provided to the Council.

PMC100/22 DOWN FARM PARK

To receive an update on the French drains and repairs to the pathway behind the bowls pavilion.

Barratts have emailed EHDC saying that Graceland’s will be doing remedial work to the French drains on 21 st November, this will take two weeks. After discussion with regards to the poor state of the pathway and solutions that may be possible, it was decided to contact Barratts through EHDC as it is their responsibility to repair the path as it was damaged due to their problems with the French drains. Barratts were previously emailed about this problem in January of this year. Quotes for repairing the pathway will also be looked at.
To review management of the bank between the football pitches and the Bowls club.
The bank is currently not mowed and has a huge amount of dock within the grass. This has potential to cause problems and look unsightly. Cllr D’este Hoare proposed that the area should be cut twice a year, this was seconded by Cllr Woodroof and agreed by all members.
To receive an update on the restoration of the shrub beds.
One estimate has been received for the works required to the shrub beds. Will need to wait for other quotes before proceeding.

PMC101/22 TO RECEIVE ANY REPORTS/RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE COMMUNITY & ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE

To receive an update on the management of the trees on Down Farm Park.
Cllr Woodroof reported on the Phase 2 Copse. The fencing has gone in, holes have been dug and the trees have been received from the Woodland Trust and are due to be planted out this Saturday. The timeline is in hand for the Wildflower meadow. The seed will go down hopefully next October, and all preparation work will be done before.
Sunderton Meadow will be reviewed at a later date.

PMC102/22 PEEL PARK

To review the number of benches and approve a replacement.
Members agreed to go ahead with the quotation for the replacement seat bench. The majority of benches are okay in Peel Park but will be reviewed regularly.
To review the open/closing of the car park gates.
Our neighbour can no longer do the open/closing of the gates. The gates are left opened and there have been no problems to date. This will be kept under review and a height barrier maybe required in the future. Cllr Foster to look at the risk assessment. Action – Cllr Foster
A request has been received from the Football Club to hold a tournament next year at Peel Park. This will include multiple matches simultaneously all day with many teams. More details will be sent to members and discussed at the next meeting.

PMC103/22 SOUTH LANE MEADOW

To receive an update on the car park.
Cllr Foster reported that approval was received from council to engage Cowan Consultancy to proceed with the post-CIL activities subject to timing constraints of the construction of the Cricket Pavilion. A provision will be needed in the lease that they do not use the car park for construction workers and a temporary compound will need to be agreed, this will need to be advised by Cowans.

PMC104/22 SPORTS PAVILION DOWN FARM PARK (BOWLS CLUB)

To receive an update on the Bowls Club repairs.
Cllr Foster reported that there is a leak in the disabled toilet, the gent’s toilet and a problem with the temperature control in the showers. This is being resolved by Barratts. The Bowls club are planning to extend the full length of the east side of the building. This will extend the kitchen area, entry area and the storage area. Cllr Foster will send members a proposed plan. Formal approval will then be required. This will need to go to full council. No funds will be available from the Parish Council.
Look at proposals in the January meeting from the Football Club and the Bowls Club.

PMC105/22 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 18th January 2023 at 6.30 p.m. in the
Parish Office.
The meeting closed at 8.42 p.m.

All meeting minutes