Property management committee minutes 22nd March 2023

Meeting details

  • Date: 22nd March 2023
  • Duration: 18:30 - 20:20
  • Location: Parish Office


Meeting minutes:

PMC17/23 TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

There were no apologies received.

PMC18/23 TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr. Foster declared a non-pecuniary interest as a member of the Bowls Club.

PMC19/23 TO AGREE THE MINUTES FOR THE MEETING HELD ON 18th JANUARY 2023

The minutes were agreed as a correct record of the meeting and signed accordingly.

PMC20/23 OPEN FORUM

A member of the Bowls Club asked permission for a sign to be fitted to the Bowls Club building with their name and address. Members were shown a design and gave their approval for the sign to go ahead.

PMC21/23 OPEN SPACES OFFICERS’ REPORT

PEEL PARK Nothing new to report.

PEEL PARK PAVILION

  • Boiler serviced 8/3/23
  • New sign fitted to the pavillion

SOUTH LANE MEADOW

  • Bike track removed
  • Trustees meeting 28/2/23

SUNDERTON MEADOW Nothing new to report.

POND 

  • Quote received for fence repair works

DOWN FARM BARN

  • Roof has been repaired
  • Rubbish being dumped over the barns fence - letters to be sent to residents

CHALTON GREEN

  • Bollards to be reinstated on the green

STORRINGTON FIELD 

  • New dog signs fitted

MUGA/LEAP 

  • Brick damage to the pathway leading down to the MUGA

DOWN FARM PARK OPEN SPACES 

  • Path to the rear of the bowls club has been repaired
  • French drains to be inspected – awaiting action from Barratt’s.

TENNIS COURTS/ENDAL WAY Nothing new to report.

DUNCTON ROAD Nothing new to report.

ALLOTMENTS SITE A & 

  • Site A tap leaking - to be repaired

PMC22/23 CHALTON GREEN

To receive an update on the defibrillator project.
Cllr Woodroof reported that the defibrillator has been ordered. As soon as we have been notified of a delivery date, EHDC will carry out the installation. The Church is happy to host an event one Saturday afternoon and Carol Carter will be giving training/information on the defibrillator.

PMC23/23 ALLOTMENTS (SITES A AND B)

Nothing new to report.

PMC24/23 PLAY EQUIPMENT

To receive an update on the quotations for playground works and to prioritise works.
After some discussion, members agreed to go ahead with quote A. The assistant clerk will see if there is any movement on the price.
Action - Assistant Clerk


PMC25/23 VOLUNTEER TREE WARDENS

Update on management of trees
Removal of approximately 100 stakes took place in February and are now stored in DFB for future use. Copse maintenance will be taking place and it has been provisionally agreed to take more stakes out in April.
As and when the tree group identify dead trees, members confirmed that they should be replaced like for like, in accordance with the approved landscape plan. It was confirmed that there is money in the budget to cover any expense for replacement trees.


PMC26/23 THE CLANFIELD CENTRE

To receive an update on the control management system.
Cllr Williams is arranging for contractors to look at the management system and come up with some strong recommendations. Cllr Williams will be moving this forward.

Action - Cllr Williams

To receive an update on the warranty issues.
With regards to the guttering, our surveyor has contacted Barratts but there has been no response. The guttering is a risk to public health and safety. Vail Williams are vigorously pursuing Barratts as responsibility is theirs. Access to the area is limited and a barrier is in place. Litigation maybe required to move this forward. Any extension to the building may not be possible until all warranty issues are resolved. The Clerk will look to see if EHDC can support in some way.
All other warranty issues are being actioned by Vail Williams, this includes the sports hall floor, roof tiles, damp proof course which is breeched at every doorway and a damp patch in the kitchen.

Action - Clerk & Cllr Peterson

To receive an update on the guttering.
The Clerk confirmed that costs have been sent to the insurer for the south side.

To be notified about clearance works taking place in August to the hedge that runs in between the Centre and the MUGA/LEAP.
All members were in agreement for the work to go ahead.
Cllr Foster reported that there has been no progress on the gym extension.
Cllr D’Este Hoare reported that a Coronation Tree will be planted on one side of the car park entrance to the Centre. It will be an oak tree approximately 2-2.5metres high at a cost of £130-£140. A plaque (made from recyclable material) will mark the occasion reading ‘This oak was planted by Clanfield Parish Council to mark the Coronation of King Charles III May 2023’. This will go to full council for approval. Grants are available for coronation events and Cllr D’Este Hoare will make an application. Mesh fence will surround the tree for protection.
Action - Cllr D’Este Hoare

PMC27/23 DOWN FARM PARK

To receive an update on the French drains.
Nothing new to report.

To receive an update on the restoration of the shrub beds.
After some discussion members agreed to wait for the third quotation.

To receive an update on the tree being planted near Whiteland Way (opposite the allotments).
The proposed tree to be planted is a Flagpole Cherry Blossom tree. All members were in agreement for this to go ahead.

To approve a quotation for the tree works on Chalton Lane.                                                                                                             After some discussion the Chair proposed to go with Amott’s quotation, this was seconded by Cllr Foster. Members asked that the contractor highlights what measures are being taken to protect the footpath and to carry out a visual inspection for nesting birds. The work is required to go ahead ASAP to ensure public safety. Information will be put on the website to explain to the public about the work that has been done.

To discuss the quotations received for dragons’ teeth in Bee Orchid Close.
Members were all in agreement to go ahead with Quote A, on the understanding that the neighbour will contribute half of the cost.

Action - Asst Clerk

To receive an update on the transfer of the Football pitches.
The Clerk confirmed that we are waiting for an update from EHDC.

PMC28/23 TO RECEIVE ANY REPORTS/RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE COMMUNITY & ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE

Cllr Woodroof reported that we are waiting for the contractor to come back to us about applying herbicide to the meadow. Therefore, we will be asking our grounds maintenance contractor to quote for applying herbicide.
Action – Clerk

PMC29/23 PEEL PARK

To review the open gates at Peel Park.
There have been no issues reported. It was agreed to continue monitoring the situation.

PMC30/23 SOUTH LANE MEADOW

Update on the ground maintenance.
The Clerk reported that our contractor has done the March cut. Clanfield Cricket Club have emailed to say they will now continue with the ground maintenance at the meadow even though the licence has not been signed.

To discuss the potential for gym equipment being installed in the meadow.
After some discussion members agreed that several things will need to be clarified. 1) The condition of the equipment 2) who would move it and erect it 3) is it what we want for the meadow 4) how expensive will it be and 5) will it be used. We are waiting for West Meon Parish Council to confirm information.

To form a working group in conjunction with two members of the SLMT to focus on play equipment requirements.
Two Trustees (Roland Howes and David Charleton) have confirmed they will be part of the working group. Cllr Woodroof and Cllr Paterson will also be part of the group. CIL funding maybe available for this project.

Nothing new to report on the car park, Cllr Foster confirmed the specification has gone out for tender.

PMC31/23 SPORTS PAVILION DOWN FARM PARK (BOWLS CLUB)

To discuss a request received from the Bowls Club to erect a sign.                                                                                        Previously discussed under open forum.

PMC32/23 LITTER BIN EMPTYING

To progress the litter bin arrangements.                                                                                                                                                   The quotations received have exceeded the budget. All members agreed to go ahead
with Idverde and be more realistic when it comes round to budgeting next time.

PMC33/23 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 3 rd May 2023 at 6.30 p.m. in the Parish Office.
The meeting closed at 8.20 p.m.

All meeting minutes