Property management committee minutes 27th September 2023

Meeting details

  • Date: 27th September 2023
  • Duration: 18:30 - 19:42
  • Location: Parish Office


Meeting minutes:

PMC51/23 TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Foster and Cllr Clarke.

PMC52/23 TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr. Hope declared a non-pecuniary interest as an allotment tenant and Cllr Glover declared she was a licensee holder at the Bowls Club.

PMC53/23 TO AGREE THE MINUTES FOR THE MEETING HELD ON 30th AUGUST 2023

The minutes were agreed as a correct record of the meeting and signed accordingly.

PMC54/23 TO APPOINT A VICE-CHAIRMAN FOR THE PMC

It was agreed that this item is deferred until the next meeting.

PMC55/23 TO CONFIRM ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE PMC

It was agreed that this item is deferred until the next meeting.

PMC56/23 OPEN FORUM

Three members of the public were present, one was the Secretary to Clanfield Allotment Association (CAA) and the others were members or tenants. They were present to discuss item 10(a) and (b).

The Chair and members asked CAA that all future queries, problems etc. come via CAA instead of individual tenants and they were very welcome to attend the PMC meeting to address certain issues. The Secretary will feed this back to CAA and tenants.

CAA have sent PMC a letter with regards to the storage solutions at Site B. They have requested that PMC consider the use of vertical tool stores, measuring less than 2 metres in height and having a footprint of less than 1 square metre.
CAA were advised that there may be planning restrictions on what storage is possible on Site B, this will be clarified. CAA were asked to confirm how many tenants would require this type of storage.

This will be discussed further once we have clarification from planning.

A proposal was received from CAA for Hedging around Site A Allotments. This will be supported by funding potentially available through EHDC. CAA will be happy to support where possible with planting, watering, and maintenance.
Members were happy in principle but full approval by all members will be required.

Action – Asst. Clerk

PMC57/23 OPEN SPACES OFFICERS’ REPORT

PEEL PARK 

  • Damaged skatepark ramp – 2 quotes received

  • Extra no dog signs have been put up.

  • Look at replacing benches near to the play area.

PEEL PARK PAVILION

  • Defibrillator checked.

SOUTH LANE MEADOW

  • Car Park Opened.
  • Advised CC to cut back overgrowth as you enter the car park on the LHS
  • Noticeboard to be put back
  • Timber testing to go ahead

SUNDERTON MEADOW Nothing new to report.

POND 

  • Tree work to take place, quote received.

DOWN FARM BARN Nothing new to report.

CHALTON GREEN

  • Re-instate posts on the green.
  • Defibrillator to be installed.

CLANFIELD CENTRE/FIELD BEHIND/TENNIS COURTS

  • Damage to fence at the entrance to the car park and further around
  • Tree work to take place RHS of the centre

STORRINGTON FIELD Nothing to report.

MUGA/LEAP 

  • Further damage to the MUGA framework - taped up
  • Graffiti in the LEAP

DOWN FARM PARK OPEN SPACES 

  • Quotation required for mtce to the hedgerow near to Site B allotments and the hedge around the fence line.
  • Cycle rack to be moved from the Centre to the Bowls Club, exact location to be determined.

DUNCTON ROAD Nothing new to report.

ALLOTMENTS SITE A & 

  • Site B gate to be repaired and painted.
  • Vacant plot on Site B – in the process of a new tenant.
  • Site B hedge that surrounds the fence line needs to be maintained – getting a quote from contractor.
  • Pest control – low activity on both sites
  • Allotment plot inspection carried out.
  • Renewals sent out.

PMC58/23 GROUNDS MAINTENANCE

To review and discuss the ground maintenance schedule.
Members reviewed the amendments to the schedule. This will include extra weed control on pathways, extra cuts to Peel Park football pitches, cutting to the verge edge on Endal Way and Whiteland Way, extra cuts at Down Farm Park and cutting and shaping the shrubs beds on Bilberry Avenue.
Members were in agreement to get costings for the above from our ground’s maintenance
contractor.

Action – Clerk & Asst.Clerk

PMC59/23 TREE MANAGEMENT

To discuss a council tree policy.
A Tree Policy is required to ensure trees on Parish Land are surveyed and the appropriate action is taken. A small working group will be required to put the policy together. All members were in agreement. The Chair will follow up with an email.

Action - Chair

To approve the quote for tree works near to the Clanfield Centre and the Pond.
All Members approved the quote and to go ahead with the works ASAP.

PMC60/23 ALLOTMENTS (SITES A AND B)

To discuss appropriate storage on Site B after feedback from Clanfield Allotment Association.
Discussed under minute 56/23.
To discuss a proposal received for hedging around Site A.
Discussed under minute 56/23.

PMC61/23 PEEL PARK

To receive two quotations for the damage to the skate ramp.
After some discussion all members agreed to go ahead with Quote B.

Action – Asst. Clerk

To discuss removing and replacing benches.
The majority of the benches near to the play area are very old, worn and in need of replacing. Members agreed to get quotations for replacement and look at maybe reducing the number where possible.

Action – Clerk

PMC62/23 BOWLS CLUB DOWN FARM PARK

To approve the quotation for moving the cycle stand and confirm the exact new location.
All members were in agreement to go ahead with the quote, Cllr Foster will need to confirm the exact location.

Action – Asst. Clerk

PMC63/23 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 27th September 2023 at 6.30 p.m. in the Parish Office.
The meeting closed at 8.20 p.m.

All meeting minutes