Meeting minutes

Meeting details
  • Date: 4th April 2017
  • Duration: 19:00 - 21:05
  • Location: Clanfield Memorial Hall - Blue Room


Meeting minutes:

38/17TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – update on the vacancy

Cllr Thomas had submitted her apologies as she would be late; Notification had been received from EHDC stating that no election had been called so the Council could co-opt a new member

39/17TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

The Chairman , Cllr D’este Hoare and Cllr Crookshank declared an interest in item 13 as they are South Lane Meadow Trustees; Cllr White declared an interest in the Memorial Hall and is Chairman of the Patient Participation Group; Cllr Crookshank declared an interest in the allotments and Cllr Bannell on Windmill View

40/17TO AGREE THE MINUTES OF THE MARCH MEETING

The minutes of the March meeting had been circulated and it was RESOLVED that they be duly signed as a correct record

41/17TO RECEIVE COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS MONTHLY REPORTS

No monthly reports were received the Count y and District Councillors had submitted annual reports at the Annual Parish meeting held prior to this meeting

42/17TO RECEIVE A BRIEFING FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLOR MRS SARA SCHILLEMORE AND REBECCA PROBERT EHDC COMMUNITY OFFICER IN RESPECT OF THE SOUTH OF BUTSER EVENT ON THE 24th JUNE 2017

Cllr Schillemore and Rebecca Probert are arranging a South of Butser summer fayre on 24th June on land at Hazleton Farm – there will be side shows; entertainment; competitions etc and a barn dance in the evening. They are involving local groups and businesses and offered the parish Council a stand. Support had been given by Cllrs Moon, Wren and Harvey. They asked the Council for support with advertising etc. The proposed event was fully supported by the members of the Council

43/17TO RECEIVE UPDATE ON THE GREEN LANE COMMUNITY FACILITIES

The Chairman reported that there had not been much in the way of progress since the last meeting – the community building had not yet been handed over to the developer as the retaining wall still had to be addressed and the snagging process carried out in the next few weeks; CH reported that the delays were due to the retaining wall. She reported that the planning officers have now taken up the delays with the developer with regards to the urgent completion as per the s106. Residents feedback was that the building appears to have been abandoned. The installation of the Broadband had reached an impasse Mr Ahern had met with the engineers and they may have to dig up the road – he was dealing with the matter and hoped for a positive result in the next few weeks; Children had been trespassing on the play areas – the developer had been informed along with the PCSO; the developer had promised to secure the fence between the play areas an Green Lane – this had not yet happened CH would chase this up with Tracy Vear; Cllr Bannell said that there had been a lot of incorrect information put out on social media accusing the Parish Council of failing to grant permission for the retaining wall – this was not the case as the matter was being handled by EHDC.

To update with regards to the progress with CPI/CSL on the Green Lane facility

The Council were in discussion with regards to the lease / license which had been discussed with the Councils solicitors – the draft document would be passed to the CSLL directors by the end of the week; 2 further Directors are to be appointed and then a Board of Trustees would be set up. The PC still cannot gain access to the building to commence any fitting out etc

To update with regards to the allotments

Cllr Crookshank had attended Green Lane the March catch up meeting as the delivery date for Green Lane facilities will be after construction of retaining wall at community building it means that WV allotment site will be made available too late for cultivation in 2017. It also means there could be issues with the state of the site, due to the summer growth of weeds. The developer intend to use weed killer to resolve this – details of chemical ingredients have been requested as this could affect the sowing of grass seed and produce for human consumption; SJP site delivery date was given as December 2018, i.e hopefully available for cultivation in 2019. Disappointing news; potential plot holders have been informed of potential delays; details of the terra matting and car parking must be provided to EHDC before the site opens. KC has applied for developers contributions funding for the slightly more expensive grid type terramatting (£8,385.74); no quotes for grass paths (WV) have been received. These will also need to be installed before access by plot holders. Funding – developers contributions, as previously agreed; KC met with Gary Davis, Community First, to discuss funding options for sheds (WV); The communal storage building (WV) has been erected the wrong way around. Developer to correct this. They will supply two double electric sockets, one inside and one outside the building. They can provide PIR lighting inside, and KC has requested sufficient sensors and time lapse to prevent accidents in a dark building with sharp tools. The individual storage lockers will be metal cages. Barratts raised suggestions that a second door for emergency escape – checked with the PC insurers;

Tenancy agreements – KC and Roger Winter are working on this and hope to have a draft available shortly – it was suggested that the new Council employee manage the allotments on the Councils behalf. It was suggested that there needs to be at least 2 feet of subsoil before topsoil is applied – the allotments must be fit for purpose – CH to ask Tracy Vear to contact the developers regarding this

EHDC update – nothing further to add

44/17TO UPDATE ON THE ST.JAMES PLACE COMMUNITY FACILITIES – Working Group Report

Cllr Foster reported that work was progressing well – the handover was still planned for July so the bowling green could be in use by August; the Working Group are preparing an agreeable lease between the PC and the Bowling Club and are looking to reach a finalised agreement - thanks to Cllrs Bannell and Williams; the group are working with EHDC to identify possible funding avenues; with regards to the kitchen the developer had suggested that they install the kitchen if they are given the specification – the developer would be given the details; the WG were hoping to generate additional membership – there were 55 people who had shown an interests from last years meeting – flyers were being produced for a household delivery as there had been a meeting arranged for Saturday 29th April –the meeting would be held at the Bat and Ball – refreshments would be provided – cost to be met by the PC as well as the cost for delivery of the leaflets approximate costing for both £100 – agreed. BF did have concerns regarding the CCTV installation – the developer had been approached regarding access for the CCTV company – a site meeting had been requested – this had been refused– a marked up plan had been supplied but there had been no response to date – the Council are assuming there is ducting installed for cabling; it was stated that a storage shed may be required for storing chemicals for treatment of the bowling green – it was considered that there should be no storage of chemicals and professional contractors should be engaged to carry out any work required.

45/17TO UPDATE WITH REGARDS TO THE DOWN FARM CRIMEA BARNS – Working Group Report

Cllr Clarke reported that discussions have begun with the developer with a view to the PC taking ownership of the Crimea Barn site - a draft agreement has been drawn up as a basis for negotiation. A useful site visit with the developer took place on 30 March; the results of the feasibility study carried out by EHDC Business Team has provided information on potential viable uses and costings for those uses of the Crimea Barn site but it may be necessary to complete a wider study in due course; the Save Crimea Barn information leaflet has now been delivered to all Clanfield households and addresses. Several more residents have come forward to get involved with the project in any way they can. Danny Stallard's Justgiving fundraising page has raised £1,245.

to date but it is still possible to contribute – there was a collection box in the local pub and the Woking Group will require a pitch for the summer Fayre; a meeting had been scheduled for the following day and it was hoped to have further information for the May meeting

OPEN FORUM 8.10 p.m.

Matters raised: Cllr Moon said there should be no restrictions for villagers regarding the usage of the bowls green there should be no exclusive lease to the bowling club – the lease would make it clear that it will not be exclusive; the Heads of Terms for the B. Club would include Risk Assessment/health and Safety policy; a question was asked about how much influence the PC have regarding the community building – it was considered the area had been left a “ghost town” – the chairman explained that the time taken has been through negotiation to provide the best facility which has caused some delays – the retaining wall has to be done waiting for the final design; the facilities cannot be transferred until everything is complete – liability and insurance purposes; there was concern that the facility was losing money and could be gathering revenue – the Chairman stated that the PC do continually ask for progression, but the agreement is between EHDC and the developer and the PC can only keep the pressure on; the EHDC planning officer has now been instructed to ask the developer what is going on; Cllr Moon said he was as frustrated as anybody the SJ Place s106 stated that the community building should be handed over at the time of the 100th house occupation – Enforcement believe this has been exceeded – they can’t enforce as the developer has almost finished – Fact of Life conditions on developer cannot be enforced; Sales people had told purchasers that there would be a doctors surgery; it was suggested that an update statement should be put on the site as people needed to know what was happening CH to ask Tracy Vear to pursue this; lack of communication re-enforces the Council needs a better PR to get the facts out to the residents; there should be a more positive timescale after the next catch up meeting .

MEETING RECONVENED 8.35 P.M.

46/17TO RECEIVE CORRESPONDENCE OF NOTE

Various letters regarding the Council Tax increase – duly responded
Crimea Barn – residents interest duly sent to WG
Clanfield Challenge – sponsorship opportunity
Possible interest in Lengthsmans scheme
Dog Training/agility classes venue request
Overflowing dog bins
Confirmation ROSPA inspections will take place during May
Re: 1 of 17 Hydrogeological Report for Markwells Wood in Stoughton Parish, West Sussex, re UKOG Application for drilling for oil. Suggested response duly circulated and agreed
Parish/Town Council and Neighbourhood Plan Briefings – attended by members
Rowlands Castle Neighbourhood Area Designation
HCC - Statement of Community Involvement Refresh Survey
News for Local Councils
Gypsy and Traveller Local Plan Initial Consultation
EHAP&TC - Rural Crime and Government's White Paper – Crime issues duly responded

47/17Finance

To receive March financial statement – YEAR END A financial statement had been duly circulated showing the year end closing balance of £349,984.69 - the statement was duly accepted – the clerk would now prepare the accounts for the audit – the internal auditor was due on 19th April

To receive list of payments payments There had been no payments issued since the last meeting. Payments presented at the meeting: £4,275.39 - it was RESOLVED that all payments would be duly paid /accepted. The list of payments attached to the minutes for members.

Proposed increases for play equipment inspections and litter picking Letters had been received from OCS who carry out the play equipment inspections and also Blendworth Centre who carry out the litter picking – OCS propose to increase their weekly inspections from £53.04 to £54.10 + VAT per visit and BC propose an increase of £1.00 per hour – it was RESOLVED that the increases be duly accepted as the services of both contractors were required.

48/17TO UPDATE ON THE WAY FORWARD WITH REGARDS TO THE PARISH WEBSITE

Councillors email addresses/details for publication The Chairman and clerk were meeting with the company representative on Thursday to discuss a form of contract for the new website – it was anticipated that the initial contract would be for 3 years; with regards to email addresses for Councillors it was suggested that each member have an email address unique to them which can re-direct to their personal email

It was agreed that the company representative be asked to the May meeting to give a presentation on the website

49/17TO DISCUSS ISSUES REGARDING PEEL PARK

Play Equipment - the weekly inspections continued and matters raised were passed on accordingly – the Annual RoSPA inspection would take place during May and a report would be duly issued

Pavilion - the PAT test was shortly due and the electrician would be asked to also check the exterior lights as there was at least one not working.


50/17TO RECEIVE REPORTS ON PARISH OPEN SPACES/ PROPERTY

STORRINGTON ROAD – are being well used by dog walkers

SUNDERTON MEADOW – there had been no update as to whether the seed plating was continuing by the local resident – the previous planting was establishing and the area would be cut late autumn but as per usual the grass could not be removed.

SOUTH LANE MEADOW – the Fun Fair would be in the Meadow for the next week – they had been asked to ensure they shut the gates at all times; the dog agility group would cut an area of grass for their activity; there had been a report that drones were being flown in the Meadow

POND – the grass on the banks would now be cut by the contractor rather than the volunteers who had very kindly been cutting it up to now.

51/17TO RECEIVE WORKING PARTY / COMMITTEE REPORTS

To receive planning committee minutes; the minutes of the planning committee meeting had been circulated and it was RESOLVED that they be duly accepted

Bus Shelters – the issue regarding the panelling should be addressed during April / early May

Any other reports Cllrs White, Clarke and Bannell had attended a Local Plan meeting and Cllr White reported the topics covered were: Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment; Gypsies Travellers and Travelling Showpeople Rural Exception Sites; Call for sites; Settlement Policy Boundaries; Gaps; Retail; Other policies/evidence-for example: Employment. Open space. Sport and Recreation. Community Facilities, etc.; Links with Neighbourhood Plans. They are to re-visit the settlement boundaries which could open the door for the next round of development – they gave assurance that they will consult with Parish Councils

 

The meeting closed at 9.05p.m.

The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 2nd May 2017 and will be the Annual General Meeting

THESE ARE A TRUE ACCOUNT OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING

 

All meeting minutes

Top