Parish Council Vacancy
Clanfield Parish Council has a vacancy for a Councillor and this can be filled by co-option.
Anyone interested in standing for Council will be expected to engage with the community and attend and participate in Council meetings which are held on the first Tuesday of each month with the exception of January and July.
You must be able and willing to attend meetings of the council (including other meetings as a representative of the council, e.g. other councils, local bodies, community groups or organisations). Such meetings are most likely to be held during weekday evenings but could be held during the day or at weekends.
The vacancy will be filled by co-option. Nominations are invited and should be sent in writing to the Clerk at the following address:
139 North Lane,
The qualifying criteria:-
- is 18 years of age or over on the day a candidate is nominated and, if there is a poll, the day of the election
- on that day and thereafter the person continues to be a local government elector for the area of the authority; or
- he/she has during the whole of the twelve months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in that area; or
- his/her principal or only place of work during that twelve months has been in that area; or
- he/she has during the whole of those twelve months resided in that area; or
- in the case of a member of a parish or community council he/she has during the whole of these twelve months resided either in the parish or community or within three miles of it
If you have not already done so it is a good idea to attend a council meeting to give you an insight as to what the Council is currently working on and what is involved
For further information please contact the Parish Clerk – email@example.com or 02392596353
A copy of this notice has been sent to the Returning Officer at:
East Hampshire District Council, Penns Place, Petersfield, Hants GU31 4EX