Meeting minutes

Meeting details
  • Date: 2nd October 2018
  • Duration: 18:45 - 20:55
  • Location: Clanfield Memorial Hall - Blue Room


Meeting minutes:

142/18TO RECEIVE A REPORT ON PREPARATIONS FOR THE OPENING OF THE COMMUNITY AND SPORTS CENTRE FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF CLANFIELD SPORTS AND COMMUNITY FOUNDATION including INTRODUCTION TO CENTRE MANAGER

Richard Goodman introduced the new centre manager Kelly Gould and reported that things were moving forward, the fit out has begun following some delays, new user friendly flooring in the cafe and changes to the kitchen and other areas will be taking place in the next couple of weeks completing by 15th October 2018. Recruiting is underway for cafe/centre staff. Many clubs are already supportive showing a level of commitment for regular bookings and it is anticipated there will be a soft opening towards the end of this month after which any issues which arise will be addressed prior to the official opening. In the kitchen the large fridge and fat fryer has been removed and replaced with under counter fridge/freezer. A smoking bin and letter box has been put in on the exterior. Other purchases include projector, screen, tables and chairs and mirrors in the smaller rooms for dance studio. A question was asked with regards to why the flooring needed to be replaced – it had originally been installed by the developer and was not suitable for use in the cafe area; Concerns were raised with regards to the ladies changing area and it was considered that any issues could show up following the soft opening; storage – was the storage sufficient yes at the present time but may have to be looked at in the future. They now have a logo designed by one of the children from the Junior school. Kelly is a local person and this is the sixth new facility that she’s been involved with from the outset. The Chairman thanked them both for attending.

143/18TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllr Bannell.

144/18TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr D’este Hoare and Cllr Clarke declared an interest in item 14 as they are South Lane Meadow Trustees; Cllr White declared an interest as Chairman of the Patient Participation Group; the Chairman on item 1 as a Director/Trustee of Clanfield Sports and Community Foundation. Cllr Clarke declared an interest in the Memorial Hall as a newly appointed Trustee. These were all non-pecuniary interests.

146/18TO OPEN THE MEETING TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO ALLOW THEM TO ADDRESS QUESTIONS TO THE PARISH COUNCILLORS

Meeting closed at 7.03pm.

A question was raised with regards to the newly installed dropped kerb opposite St James Place which is considered a very steep slope. Cllr Mocatta would raise this issue. A query was raised regarding the developers contributions with the surgery. CPC do not have that information.

Meeting reconvened at 7.09pm.

147/18TO RECEIVE COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS MONTHLY REPORTS

Apologies received from Cllr Moon.

Cllr Wren has arranged a meeting on 9th October to raise issues with HCC reps regarding the recent road works in the old part of the village.

An issue has been raised regarding the bus service in the village, nothing that HCC can do as these are commercial services but residents should be encouraged to write to the bus companies. The Parish Council has done this but with little success. An issue was raised regarding the footpath at the top of Chalton Lane and also the ditch opposite Pipers Mead which although had been cleaned out the spoil had been left on the verge. Cllr Mocatta would look into these matters

148/18TO UPDATE ON THE 2018 CAROL SERVICE PREPARATIONS

Cllr Foster reported that he was not aware of any changes and Rhian Beazley was still working on the preparations and there would be a further update in the November meeting.

149/18TO REPORT ON THE VILLAGE ACCESSIBILITY STUDY - Peel Park and South Lane Meadow pathways

The Chairman and Clerk had attended a meeting with regard to the accessibility study/village improvements. The funding for this project is currently £929,698 which includes £60,000 contribution from EHDC to cover the private land in front of the shops at Drift Road and Green Lane. Work to install 16 dropped kerbs commenced on 24th September and the PC were asked to suggest any other areas requiring dropped kerbs. A refuge is proposed to help regulate traffic in the vicinity of South Lane Meadow and it is proposed to widen the footway in Chalton Lane. It is proposed to install a flexipave pathway in both Peel Park and South Lane Meadow to make everywhere accessible. Although members did question if this proposal was necessary, it would make ease of access for all users of the open spaces. After further discussion it was RESOLVED – 6 in favour and 3 abstentions that the PC would accept a 2 metre path in South Lane Meadow, although it was considered that this decision should be referred to the Trustees the P.C do own the land, and the proposals for Peel Park. There were concerns raised with regards to proposed route of the path in Sunderton Meadow, which would cut through the centre following the Public footpath route, it was suggested that it go round the perimeter. This issue would be raised with the relevant HCC officer. Two new bus shelters are proposed these would not be as a match to the existing shelters; there are proposed gateways included for both ends of Sunderton Lane as a traffic calming measure; the overflow car park at the Memorial Hall is being considered for resurfacing this could encourage parking for a safe route to the Junior School. The fence at the pond will be replaced as a minor HCC works.

150/18TO CONSIDER THE PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF A DEFIBRILLATOR AT THE COMMUNITY AND SPORTS CENTRE

Cllr Williams has received a quotation for £1895 + VAT and Cllr Moon hoped to be able to grant £1,000 towards the cost although there may be other grants available. This would be progressed accordingly and it was RESOLVED that the Parish Council would fund the balance for a defibrillator for the new Community Centre

151/18TO UPDATE ON THE WINDMILL VIEW ALLOTMENTS (To be known as the Down Farm Park Allotments 1-26)

Emma Barritt confirmed that majority of the tenancy agreements have been returned and all plots have been allocated. Those that have not been returned would be given the time allowed as per the Agreement and the Allotment Rules and Regulations.

152/18TO RECEIVE A REPORT ON THE SITUATION CONCERNING THE ACQUISITION OF THE CRIMEA BARN (DOWN FARM BARN) AND LAND AND COMMUNITY FACILITIES AT ST JAMES PLACE (DOWN FARM PARK):

Crimea Barn (Down Farm Barn) - Proposed Transfer Arrangements
No progress to date and Cllr Bannell is in constant contact with the Developers and Lawyers.

St James Place (Down Farm Park) – Phase 1:
The Transfer procedure had been temporarily halted by the Developers whilst they investigate an apparent discrepancy between the proposed Transfer Plan and Highway Plans.

Landscape Audit
Cllr Bannell and Cllr D’este Hoare had visited the Phase 1 area and had identified that a significant number of trees and shrubs had either died or had not been planted by the developers. Cllr Bannell has raised the planting issues with the developer and, in order to avoid holding up the Transfer, it will need to include an undertaking from the developers to carry out the necessary remedial works by a specified date. Cllr D’este Hoare considered that someone from CPC needs to be on site while planting is being carried out.

CPC will need to replace some trees and hedge plants at Windmill View. The PC will be responsible for future maintenance and this will be an ongoing cost. Cllr D’este Hoare will be surveying the plants around the bottom field at Windmill View to identify those that need to be replaced.

Bowls Club Arrangements – Update
The draft Agreement for Lease and the draft Lease documentation is close to being finalised with the Trustees of the Bowls Club but no further progress can be made on this until the Phase 1 Transfer is completed.

Land Security
A meeting had been held with a Havant Borough Council officer to review the security of the PC’s land holdings (current and prospective). He advised that further work should be considered on the top field at Windmill View and in Columbine Way at St James Place, uphill from the entrance to the car park. He had questioned why the bund height had been reduced from what the Parish Council had proposed at Windmill View as it was considered the original proposed height would have made a difference. (N.B. The reduction had been requested by EHDC.)

St James Place (Down Farm Park) - Phase 2 – Proposal for early handover of Children’s Play Facilities
The area remained fenced off - any early handover from the developer to PC would be subject to a safety audit and would require a Licence to Occupy. This is currently on hold until progress is made with the Transfer. Currently nothing to report on the sports pitches.

153/18TO RECEIVE CORRESPONDENCE LIST

Dementia Friendly – details – contact has been invited to attend the November meeting
Email regarding issues on the London Road – speeding traffic/lack of streetlighting and footway
Clanfield Online network meeting 17th October 7.00 Hampshire Hog
Thank you from HTC for the grant towards the Xmas Luncheon
Cllr Wren has arranged a meeting on 9th October regarding the recent traffic/road issues in South Lane/Chalton Lane during the road closure etc...
Info from the EHAPTC meeting (attended by Cllr D’este Hoare)
EHDC - Local Plan Workshop – 11th October from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. – the Chairman and Cllr White attending
CIL Proportion payments requested for October payment
Planning application – no notification received as neighbouring Parish – for development at 102 Downhouse Road – committee contacted and comments duly submitted
Volunteer Awards/ Community Forums cancelled
HCC – county permit scheme / Customer Contact Review – 9th October Winchester
HALC – business changes/ Village of the year results/ 71st AGM 10th November/ Chief Executives Bulletin
iGas Community fund latest round of funding

154/18FINANCE

To receive the October financial statement
The October financial statement was duly circulated showing the halfway mark of the precept/expenditure – the balance to date stood at £461,185.65 - it was RESOLVED that the statement be duly accepted.

To receive and agree Orders for Payment
Payments totalling £7,857.69 had been issued since the last meeting and payments totalling £28,009.41 were presented for payment. It was RESOLVED that all payments would be duly paid /accepted. Appendix attached to the minutes for members and Orders for Payment to the published minutes

155/18TO RECEIVE REPORTS ON PARISH OPEN SPACES/ PROPERTY:

Peel Park: 
Play Equipment The clerk is having trouble getting the supplies required, identification being one issue and lack of response from the company who installed the aerial runway. Hopefully will be resolved asap. It was reported that the pavilion needs some attention/maintenance. The overgrown section by the skate park has been completely cut back to open up the area but will require further attention – possible wild flower planting.

After School club update Continuing successfully no issues or concerns raised from either party

Fencing The contractors commenced work today and should complete in three days.

Sunderton Meadow The meadow is due to have its annual cut.

South Lane Meadow The Fun fair has been on site. Maintenance work has been carried out to the orchard. It was reported fencing by the entrance is rotten. The Chairman stated that he would like to step down as a trustee and Cllr Hurst was happy to take his place - duly agreed

Pond - proposed clean up 4th November - funding for skip was agreed - volunteers are required to assist on
the day.

Chalton Green Nothing to report

Storrington Road – with LEAP and MUGA The fence will need to replaced in due course and quotes will be required

Windmill View Top Field – Completion of bund works; Land security report - Bund works completed and security reviewed.

Windmill View Bottom Field – Completion of bund works Very successful completion of works.

To consider Byelaws for the new open spaces Guidance paperwork was circulated to members and it was considered there should be blanket bylaws for all the community facilities/open space area. The existing bylaws would be sent to members to consider the way forward.

156/18TO AGREE EXPENDITURE FOR REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY POPPIES ON LAMPOSTS / SILHOUETTES

Cllr Thomas has obtained 10 large poppies for the lampposts and proposes to install 5 in the Drift Road/Green Lane area and the remainder in the vicinity of the Memorial hall. A donation of £50 was agreed. With regards to the silhouettes it was agreed that the PC would purchase 3 at a cost of £42.00 each with the relevant nameplates £10.00 each

157/18TO RECEIVE WORKING PARTY / COMMITTEE REPORTS:

To receive Planning committee minutes
The minutes from the last meeting have been circulated and were duly agreed. Two applications have been commented on by the committee and an application for 29 affordable houses at 102 Downhouse Road was pending although CPC had not been consulted and should have been. Comments were submitted direct to the planning officer the CPC strongly objected.

Any other reports /updates
Cllr White had attended the SE Hants Locality Group meeting on 20th September. The Chief Executive
of Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust gave a verbal presentation. Questions were put forward by the group. Cllr White asked why patients who are having treatment for chemotherapy/radiotherapy are having to pay any car parking fees although they are reduced in price, also at the North end why is it necessary to have a scanner machine for appointments within the entrance when most of the time it is out of order? He was looking into these matters. Comments were made regarding the out lay of the eye department.

All community forums have been cancelled. Cllr Wren reported that the oncology chairs have now been ordered and should be delivered within two weeks.

The Chairman announced that there would be a presentation on dementia awareness at the beginning of the November meeting which would commence at 6.45 p.m.

The meeting closed at 8.55 p.m.

The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 6th November, 2018

THESE ARE A TRUE ACCOUNT OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING

 

ORDERS FOR PAYMENT 02/10/18

PAYMENTS MADE SINCE LAST MEETING:

PAYMENT METHOD

PAYEE

GROSS

VAT

NETT

SERVICES

DD

SALVUS TRUST

24.00

4.00

20.00

PENSION ADMINISTRATION

DD

SALVUS TRUST

66.40

 

66.40

PENSION CONTRIBUTION

BACS

CLANFIELD SCF

5350.00

 

5350.00

TRANSFER OF FUNDS - COMMUNITY AND SPORTS FOUNDATION

BACS

CONTRACT KILLERS

144.00

24.00

120.00

PEEL PARK MOLE CONTROL

BACS

JUST PROJECTORS

1256.40

209.40

1047.00

EQUIPMENT FOR THE C. CENTRE

5524

BLENDWORTH CENTRE

382.80

63.80

319.00

LITTER PICKING

5525

1ST CLASS ACCOUNTANTS

42.00

7.00

35.00

MONTHLY PAYROLL ADMINISTRATION

5526

HORNDEAN TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE

200.00

 

200.00

DONATION TOWARDS THE OLDER PERSONS XMAS LUNCHEON

5527

SSE

337.10

16.05

321.05

C. FACILITY ELECTRIC BILL

D.CARD

THE BIG 50 EVENT

19.99

 

19.99

CLLR FOSTER TO ATTEND THE EVENT

DD

ICO

35.00

 

35.00

ANNUAL REGISTRATION FEE

 

OCTOBER PAYMENTS PRESENTED:

PAYMENT METHOD

PAYEE

GROSS

VAT

NETT

SERVICES

BACS

MRS D. DUFFY

xxxxxx

 

xxxxxxx

SEPTEMBER SALARY

BACS

MRS D. DUFFY

77.65

 

77.65

SEPTEMBER EXPENSES

BACS

MRS E. BARRITT

xxxxx

 

xxxxxx

SEPTEMBER SALARY

BACS

MRS E. BARRITT

79.36

 

79.36

SEPTEMBER EXPENSES inc purchases made

BACS

HMRC

451.88

 

451.88

PAYE AND NI

5528

NORSE SOUTH EAST

1584.56

264.09

1320.47

SUPPLY AND INSTALL 27 POSTS 2 RAILS AND GATE

5529

NORSE SOUTH EAST

5016.00

836.00

4180.00

BUILD BUNDS – W. WAY – TOP FIELD

5530

NORSE SOUTH EAST

8220.00

1370.00

6850.00

BUILD BUNDS – W. WAY – BOTTOM FIELD

5531

NORSE SOUTH EAST

3048.00

508.00

2540.00

SET OUT PATHS AND PLOTS AT ALLOTMENTS

5532

NORSE SOUTH EAST

316.37

52.73

263.64

SUPPLY AND INSTALL 3 REMOVABLE POSTS BOTTOM FIELD

5533

QLS

1038.00

173.00

865.00

GROUNDS MAINT - AUGUST

5534

QLS

78.00

13.00

65.00

GROUNDS MAINT  -  OMITTED FROM PREVIOUS INVOICE

5535

QLS

2220.00

370.00

1850.00

GROUNDS MAIN - SEPT

5536

RE TRADE LTD

54.54

9.09

45.45

NAMEPLATES / BADGES

5537

SOUTHERN FIRE PROTECTION

467.40

77.90

389.50

FIRE CONSULTANCY/REPORTS AND SIGNAGE C. FAC

5538

SOUTHERN FIRE PROTECTION

244.80

40.80

204.00

FIRE CONSULTANCY/REPORTS/ACTION PLANS – BOWLS PAV.

5539

CIA LTD

72.00

12.00

60.00

CALL OUT FOR DEFIB. CABINET REPORTED NOT WORKING

5540

SERENITY DIGITAL

180.00

30.00

150.00

WEBSITE

5541

S. ROGERS

420.00

70.00

350.00

INSTALL 5 BOLLARDS – C. CENTRE AREA

5542

M. STANNING

225.00

 

225.00

PAVILION CLEANING

5543

IDVERDE

859.25

143.21

716.04

BIN EMPTYING (QUARTER)

5544

J. BANNELL

151.35

 

151.35

PURCHASES AND EXPENSES

DD

SSE

714.78

119.13

595.65

C. F. ANNUAL METER CHARGE – WILL BE CREDITED ONCE FOUNDATION TAKE OVER THE BUILDING

5545

PKF LITTLEJOHNS LLP

480.00

80.00

400.00

ANNUAL  AUDIT FEES

DD

SALVUS TRUST

24.00

4.00

20.00

PENSION ADMINISTRATION

DD

SALVUS TRUST

66.40

 

66.40

PENSION CONTRIBUTION

 

Transfers have been made during the month of £30,000 from Business Reserve Account to Current Account

Transfer of £30,000 to be made on 3rd October to cover payments above and due – it may be necessary to make a further transfer during the month

All meeting minutes

Top